I’ve had this game for years now and thought it was high time I got it painted. The miniatures aren’t great, generally soft plastic, low detail, with lots of mould lines to deal with, though the later expansions do get better. So, I’m not wanting to spend a lot of time on them and these two Hunting Horrors were banged out in less than an hour (well, nearly. It did take me a little longer transferring them to the transparent bases!).
I’m aiming to do as much as I can with the airbrush to speed things up and these were no exception. I used Vallejo Inks in the main; sprayed a base of Green and then highlighted it up with Yellow. Added the eyes, tongue, and teeth with a brush and then lined in the scales and a few details on the wings. I used Black Ink on one and Black Green Ink on the other – I’m undecided on which looks the best.
The transparent bases are from TTCombat. I don’t know if this is normal with transparent bases, these are my first, but they seem really poor in terms of quality. For starters they’re not cut properly and so needed some shaping, and the edges have ridges, which I tried to polish off. There was a clear protective layer on one side, but not the other and so some got scratched before I realised that. I’m hoping it isn’t the norm and I can get some where I don’t have to spend the time on them, though I’ll use up what I’ve got first.