The Child of Dagon… This certainly was the offspring of something ghastly, two badly put together sides of a mould, that’s what!
It really was like the moulds hadn’t been mated together properly. I wish I’d taken some ‘before’ pictures – the one arm was completely deformed and there was a huge mismatching of the back of the head, which after cleaning up left a split that I decided to keep and make a feature of on this otherwise rather ghastly sculpt.
I didn’t spend very long on this one at all. For the flesh I just washed over the zenithal priming with Nuln Oil and then highlighted with a glaze of white Ink. Really quick and actually turned out better than I expected.
I used the same white glaze to paint his shirt and followed it with a wash of Pale Grey, again keeping it simple. A bit of Antares Red and an Agrax Earthshade wash took care of his shorts.
A few dabs of Dried Blood and Rotten Flesh here and there and that was more or less it – time to move on!