This one certainly lived up to her name, she proved a right pain in the buttocks both to put together and to paint, though the latter was partially my fault.
Getting her body to line up properly with where she was supposed to go took some doing, and in the end a little putty to fill the gaps, but I should be getting used to it by now – as nicely detailed as the Atomic Mass Games’ minis are, they’re not the best though out when it comes to assembly.
As for the painting, I made the mistake of fully assembling her first, as I usually do, but it made access to her back and the inside of her cape a tad on the difficult side, though I managed in the end (note to self: fully assembling isn’t always the way to go!).
I really didn’t enjoy painting her and it was a bit of a come down after the experience I had painting Loki. The fiddliness was partially to blame, but the choice of colour didn’t help – the dark greens and blacks, so dull! The card art shows her sporting much brighter greens, but that doesn’t hold with how she’s portrayed in the comics and the one AMG has painted up on their Website also goes with the darker scheme.
In the end I went with very similar colours to that of AMG’s, as can be seen on the box. The cape was painted with various mixes of Heavy Blackgreen, Heavy Green, and Black, and Camouflage Green as the highlight. All this was glazed over with a mix of the Heavy Green + Blackgreen + Black + Glaze medium to blend it together.
Her bodysuit is actually built up using many of the above-mentioned greens with the addition of Wolf Grey, though it’s very subtle and isn’t really noticeable in the pictures.
Something else not noticeable is her sword, which was basecoated with a mix of Black and Metal Colour Steel then highlighted with just the latter. This was then coated with neat Green Ink – it looks quite nice when it catches the light!
The magic Aura bits I painted the same colours as I used for Loki’s coat – Goblin Green, Snot Green, and Escorpena Green – and it adds a bit of contrast to the figure.
I took plenty of photos as I went along, posting them to my Facebook page, I thought they’d prove useful to show the process I followed, which in this case was mostly following the Zenithal priming. Here they are with a brief explanation of what’s going on…